THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS OFFERED ONLY IN THE FIFTY (50) STATES OF THE UNITED STATES (“U.S.”), THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (“D.C.”) AND CANADA (VOID IN QUEBEC), AND IS INTENDED FOR PARTICIPATION IN THOSE AREAS ONLY. PLEASE DO NOT PROCEED IF YOU ARE NOT AT LEAST EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER OR OF THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THE JURISDICTION IN WHICH YOU RESIDE, AND A PERMANENT LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE (1) OF THE FIFTY (50) STATES OF THE U.S., OR D.C. OR CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC). THIS SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND GOVERNED ACCORDING TO THE LAWS OF THE U.S.
- Eligibility: The Wheel of Fortune’s $1K A Day Summer Giveaway (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to permanent legal residents of the fifty (50) states of the U.S., or D.C. and Canada (excluding Quebec, Guam, Puerto Rico and all other U.S. territories and possessions), who are currently physically located and residing therein, and who are eighteen (18) years of age or older or of the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides as of July 13, 2020. Entrants must have either a valid Social Security number, a valid U.S. Individual Taxpayer Identification Number and/or a valid Social Insurance Number. Employees of Quadra Productions, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Sony Pictures Television Inc., Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., Sony Corporation of America, CBS Television Distribution, the show Wheel of Fortune (sometimes referred to as “Show”), The Visionaire Group, Inc., Aimia Proprietary Loyalty U.S. Inc., Metal Toad, Salesforce.com, Inc., Promotional Consideration Inc., Enteractive Solutions Group, Inc. (“Sweepstakes Administrator”), their advertising, promotion, and web design agencies, marketing and/or loyalty analytics companies, those involved in the production, development, creation, administration, implementation or handling of the Sweepstakes, participating stations, stations airing Show, cable operators, streaming services, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent, subsidiary, and related companies, officers, directors, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize providers, any other person or entity associated with the Sweepstakes (collectively “Sweepstakes Entities”), members of their immediate families (i.e. a spouse, domestic partner, child, sibling, parent, grandparent, the “steps” of each), and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, whether or not related, are ineligible to participate in this Sweepstakes.
- Sweepstakes Description: This Sweepstakes begins at 3:00:00 p.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on July 13, 2020 and ends at 2:59:59 p.m. PT on August 15, 2020 (“Sweepstakes Period”) and consists of twenty-five (25) individual and separate daily sweepstakes described in Section 4 below. Each daily sweepstakes begins at 3:00:00 p.m. PT on a given day of the Sweepstakes Period and ends at 2:59:59 p.m. PT the following calendar day; for example, the July 13th daily sweepstakes begins on July 13, 2020 at 3:00:00 p.m. PT and ends at 2:59:59 p.m. PT on July 14, 2020. Each daily sweepstakes corresponds to an episode of the Show airing Monday through Friday, from Monday, July 13, 2020 to Friday, August 14, 2020. As part of the entry process for each daily sweepstakes, prospective Sweepstakes entrants must watch the corresponding episode of the Show, for the solution to that episode’s Bonus Round Puzzle (“Bonus Round Puzzle Solution”). Then, prospective Sweepstakes entrants are asked to go to the Show website located at www.wheeloffortune.com (the “Website”) and correctly input/submit the Bonus Round Puzzle Solution from the corresponding episode of the Show in order to be entered into the applicable daily sweepstakes. The Bonus Round Puzzle is the puzzle played by the Show contestant who has the highest cash/prize total at the end of the main game on the Show. Additionally, prospective Sweepstakes entrants will be able to earn an additional bonus entry if they are members of the Wheel Watchers Club (see below for details). Check local listings for Show schedule, which may be changed or preempted without notice. In these cases, at the election of the Show, the Sweepstakes may be played outside the usual dates and times, or not at all.
- How to Enter: To enter a given daily sweepstakes, access the Website during the Sweepstakes Period and click on the Sweepstakes icon or text link to access the Sweepstakes entry page. Then, complete and thereafter submit your Email Address, Date of Birth, First Name, Last Name, Home Address (no P.O. Boxes), City, State/Province/Territory, Zip/Postal Code, Phone Number (including area code), gender, and the Bonus Round Puzzle Solution from the corresponding episode of the Show (collectively, “Online Entry”). Entrants will receive one (1) Online Entry into the Sweepstakes if they provide the correct Bonus Round Puzzle Solution from the episode of the Show corresponding to that daily sweepstakes. Bonus Round Puzzle Solution must be correct for that designated episode of the Show to be eligible for the corresponding daily sweepstakes. Online Entries must be received during the entry period for that daily sweepstakes (that is, between 3:00:00 p.m. PT on a given day and 2:59:59 p.m. PT the immediately following day). Sponsor’s computer is the official clock for purposes of Sweepstakes participation. All Online Entry information must be completed in full, must be accurate and must be valid. The Online Entry information must match the information of the entrant that completed the act of physically entering the Sweepstakes. In order to receive an additional entry, an entrant must be a member of the Wheel Watchers Club. If you are already a registered Wheel Watchers Club member, you will receive one (1) additional entry into the respective daily sweepstakes by logging into the Website using your Wheel Watchers Club email address and password after submitting a valid Online Entry. If you are not a registered Wheel Watchers Club member, you can register for free, by accessing the Website and following the online instructions to join the Wheel Watchers Club by providing the following required information on the registration form: First Name, Last Name, Address, City, State, Zip Code, Gender, Phone Number, Email Address, Date of Birth, your choice of Password, and security question and answer (collectively “Wheel Watchers Club Registration Information”). Wheel Watchers Club membership is open only to U.S. citizens. All required Wheel Watchers Club Registration Information must be completed in full, must be accurate and must be valid. The Wheel Watchers Club Registration Information must match the information of the person that completed the act of physically entering the Sweepstakes. You can only register as a Wheel Watchers Club member under one (1) email address. Individuals who have or attempt to have more than one (1) Wheel Watcher Club membership will be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. Once you have logged into your existing Wheel Watchers Club account OR once you have submitted your Wheel Watchers Club Registration Information, you will receive one (1) additional entry into the respective daily sweepstakes (“Bonus Entry”). There is no fee to register for the Wheel Watchers Club. To receive a Bonus Entry without joining the Wheel Watchers Club you must legibly print your Date of Birth, First Name, Last Name, Home Address (no P.O. Boxes), City, State/Province/Territory, Zip/Postal Code and Phone Number (including area code) (“AMOE Bonus Entry information”) on a standard sized postcard (no larger than 5” x 7”), enclose it in a postage-paid business size envelope (#10), and mail it to Wheel of Fortune’s $1K A Day Summer Giveaway Bonus Entry – Daily Sweepstakes Date (specify which date you want to be entered), Enteractive Solutions Group, Inc., 1612 W. Olive Avenue, Suite 300, Burbank, CA., 91506 (“AMOE Bonus Entry”). All information on the AMOE Bonus Entry must be completed in full, must be accurate and must be valid. In order for your AMOE Bonus Entry to be eligible, it must be labeled with that particular daily sweepstakes day, received no later than three (3) business days following each respective daily and you must also have submitted a valid Online Entry for that same particular daily sweepstakes. AMOE Bonus Entries for the last daily sweepstakes must be received by Wednesday, August 19, 2020. Limit one (1) AMOE Bonus Entry per mailing envelope and per person per daily sweepstakes. No copies, facsimiles or reproductions of AMOE Bonus Entry will be accepted. The AMOE Bonus Entry information must match the information of the entrant that completed the act of physically entering the Sweepstakes. Limit one (1) Online Entry and one (1) Bonus Entry or one (1) AMOE Bonus Entry (collectively “Sweepstakes Entries”) per person/email address per daily sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entries submitted from the same person in excess of this limit will be disqualified. Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void that entrant’s Entries and that entrant will be disqualified. Proof of delivery or receipt of a Sweepstakes Entry will not be deemed by Sponsor as proof of entry. Any attempted form of participation in this Sweepstakes other than as described herein is void. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. The Website may not be accessible from all mobile phones, handheld devices and/or tablets. If a participant experiences any issues entering, he/she should access the Website from a desktop or laptop computer. Please use care and do not drive or operate machinery while entering the Sweepstakes.
- Drawing and Notification of Potential Winners: For each daily sweepstakes, one (1) potential daily sweepstakes prize winner will be randomly selected from among all eligible Sweepstakes Entries received for that particular daily sweepstakes in a drawing. Non-winning Sweepstakes Entries will NOT be retained for the subsequent daily sweepstakes drawings. All drawings will be conducted by the Sweepstakes Administrator, an independent judging organization, at its office in Burbank, California U.S. Drawings for each daily sweepstakes will be held on or about the Wednesday following each respective week (Monday – Friday) of daily sweepstakes. Each potential daily sweepstakes prize winner will be notified by phone within two (2) weeks of being selected in a drawing. If a potential daily sweepstakes prize winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been exerted, if he/she is found to be ineligible, if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, or if his/her prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential daily sweepstakes prize winner will be disqualified, and an alternate potential daily sweepstakes prize winner for such prize may be selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If a Canadian entrant is randomly selected as a potential daily sweepstakes prize winner, he/she must answer correctly within a specified time a mathematical skill-testing question without the benefit of any mechanical calculating devices. The test will be administered by the Sweepstakes Administrator at a pre-arranged mutually convenient time, and only if the question is answered correctly in the allotted time period will the Canadian entrant become a potential daily sweepstakes prize winner. If the question is not correctly answered in the allotted time period, prize will be forfeited and will be awarded to an alternate daily sweepstakes prize winner.
- Prizes/Odds of Winning. Twenty-Five (25) Daily Sweepstakes Prizes (one (1) daily sweepstakes prize for each of the twenty-five (25) daily sweepstakes): Each daily sweepstakes prize consists of $1,000 USD awarded in the form of a check made out in the name of each winner and $1,000 USD donated to a charity that is local to each winner’s home town or terrestrial viewing area as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Charity recipient (which must qualify as a 501(c)(3) organization) will be determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each daily sweepstakes prize is: $2,000.00 USD. Odds of winning a daily sweepstakes prize depend upon the total number of eligible Sweepstakes Entries received for that daily sweepstakes. The daily sweepstakes prize restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions, which may be stated in the Affidavit/Release (described below). Prize is not transferable. The $1,000 USD designated to a charity is not redeemable by a winner. All applicable federal, state, provincial, territorial, and local taxes on a prize are the sole responsibility of each daily sweepstakes prize winner (including but not limited to income taxes or U.S. withholding taxes for Canadian daily sweepstakes prize winners, if applicable). The policy of the Sponsor requires withholding tax obligations to be collected from a Canadian winner prior to the award of a prize. Any depictions of prizes are for illustrative purposes only. Limit one (1) daily sweepstakes prize per person/household for the entire Sweepstakes. Each daily sweepstakes prize winner will be solely responsible for all taxes on prize and if said daily sweepstakes prize winner is from the U.S., will receive an IRS Form 1099-MISC (or other tax documents, if applicable) from the Sweepstakes Administrator for the calendar year the daily sweepstakes prize was won for the total ARV of the prize(s) won as stated herein. Sweepstakes Administrator is not the supplier or guarantor of any prize. Prize and/or prize notifications will only be shipped to street addresses in the U.S., D.C., or Canada (excluding Quebec).
- Disclaimers: The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible or liable for, and will deem ineligible, Sweepstakes Entries that are entered by other than human means (such as by an automated computer program or any non-human mechanism, entity, or device) or by someone other than the entrant whose information is submitted to receive a Sweepstakes Entry, or for Sweepstakes Entries that are illegible, late, forged, destroyed, lost, misplaced, stolen, misdirected, mutilated, postage-due, mechanically duplicated and mass machine printed, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, dropped, inaccessible, corrupted, jumbled, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant acknowledges and agrees (a) to be bound by the Official Rules as well as the decisions of the Sweepstakes Administrator, which are final and binding in all respects, (b) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with the Official Rules, and (c) that Sweepstakes Entities shall have no responsibility or liability (including, but not limited to, liability for any property loss, damage, personal injury or death) in connection with participation in this Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, in the case of Canadian daily sweepstakes prize winners, disputes over answers to mathematical skill test questions; typographical errors in Sweepstakes promotional material; the preemption, cancellation, interruption of Show or any elements of Show as it relates to the Sweepstakes; human error; incorrect or inaccurate transcription of Sweepstakes Entry information, Wheel Watchers Club Registration Information and/or AMOE Bonus Entry information; acceptance/possession and/or use/misuse of any prize awarded herein; including, but not limited to, any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer online system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, internet service provider; interruption or inability to access the Sweepstakes, any web page associated with the Sweepstakes (or Sponsor’s/Sweepstakes Administrator’s inability to access Sweepstakes content), or any online service via the internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; wireless network dead zones or obstructions; any damage to an entrant’s (or any third person’s) computer/mobile device and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of this Sweepstakes or from entering or downloading materials/software in connection with the Sweepstakes; any lost/delayed/duplicate/multiple data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects and/or any other errors or malfunctions, even if caused by the negligence of one of the Sweepstakes Entities. Entrants further agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes due to their negligence or willful misconduct, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Sweepstakes Entities, and hereby acknowledge that said Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity that may be caused by or have contributed to (1) any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of the prize supplier or any of its agents, servants, employees or independent contractors, (2) any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of Sponsor, or (3) any other cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of Sponsor or its parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies. The failure of Sponsor to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, strikes, actions of governmental authorities, epidemics, pandemics, or any circumstances outside of the control of Sponsor (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations) or other force majeure event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules.
- ARBITRATION; WAIVER OF INJUNCTIVE RELIEF; GOVERNING LAW: ANY CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO (I) THE SWEEPSTAKES, (II) THE AWARDING OR REDEMPTION OF ANY PRIZES AND/OR (III) THE DETERMINATION OF THE SCOPE OR APPLICABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THEIR ENFORCEMENT OR INTERPRETATION SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE SUBSTANTIVE LAWS OF THE U.S. STATE OF CALIFORNIA WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE’S LAWS. BY SUBMITTING A SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT ANY CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, THEIR ENFORCEMENT, ARBITRABILITY OR INTERPRETATION SHALL BE SUBMITTED TO FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION, TO BE HELD IN LOS ANGELES COUNTY, CALIFORNIA, U.S.A., BEFORE A SINGLE ARBITRATOR, IN ACCORDANCE WITH CALIFORNIA CODE OF CIVIL PROCEDURE §§ 1280 ET SEQ. THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE SELECTED BY MUTUAL AGREEMENT OF THE PARTIES OR, IF THE PARTIES CANNOT AGREE, THEN BY SELECTING AN ARBITRATOR FROM A LIST OF ARBITRATORS SUPPLIED BY JAMS (JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES WITH THE AGREEMENT OF THE PARTIES’ ADR SERVICES). IF THE PARTIES STILL CANNOT AGREE ON AN ARBITRATOR, THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE APPOINTED BY THE ARBITRATION SERVICE. THE ARBITRATION SHALL BE A CONFIDENTIAL PROCEEDING, CLOSED TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC. THE ARBITRATOR SHALL ISSUE A WRITTEN OPINION STATING THE ESSENTIAL FINDINGS AND CONCLUSIONS UPON WHICH THE ARBITRATOR’S AWARD IS BASED. THE PARTIES WILL SHARE EQUALLY IN PAYMENT OF THE ARBITRATOR’S FEES AND ARBITRATION EXPENSES AND ANY OTHER COSTS UNIQUE TO THE ARBITRATION HEARING (RECOGNIZING THAT EACH SIDE BEARS ITS OWN DEPOSITION, WITNESS, EXPERT AND ATTORNEYS’ FEES AND OTHER EXPENSES TO THE SAME EXTENT AS IF THE MATTER WERE BEING HEARD IN COURT). NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, THE ARBITRATOR MAY REQUIRE THAT SUCH FEES BE BORNE IN SUCH OTHER MANNER AS THE ARBITRATOR DETERMINES IS REQUIRED IN ORDER FOR THIS ARBITRATION CLAUSE TO BE ENFORCEABLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
ENTRANTS FURTHER UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THEY SHALL HAVE NO RIGHT TO ENJOIN OR RESTRAIN THE DEVELOPMENT, PRODUCTION, EXHIBITION, ADVERTISING, PROMOTION, DISTRIBUTION OR EXPLOITATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY MOVIE, SHOW, PRODUCTION OR PROJECT OF SPONSOR OR ANY OF ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES.
THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL WITH RESPECT TO ALL CLAIMS AND ISSUES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT OR TORT, AND INCLUDING ANY CLAIM FOR FRAUDULENT INDUCEMENT THEREOF. THE PARTIES ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION ARE CURRENTLY UNENFORCEABLE UNDER CALIFORNIA LAW BUT MUTUALLY INTEND FOR THIS SECTION TO APPLY IN THE EVENT SUCH PROVISIONS LATER BECOME ENFORCEABLE UNDER CALIFORNIA LAW.
THE INTERNAL SUBSTANTIVE LAWS (AS DISTINGUISHED FROM THE CHOICE OF LAW RULES) OF THE U.S. STATE OF CALIFORNIA AND THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA APPLICABLE TO CONTRACTS MADE AND PERFORMED ENTIRELY IN CALIFORNIA SHALL GOVERN THE VALIDITY AND INTERPRETATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND ALL OTHER CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT OR IN TORT) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- Rules/Winners List: For a copy of these Official Rules or the Winners List, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (with proper postage affixed) to: Wheel of Fortune’s $1K A Day Summer Giveaway “Rules”/“Winners List” (specify which), P.O. Box 6375, Burbank, CA 91510 U.S. All Official Rules and Winners List requests must be received by October 15, 2020. Official Rules will also be accessible from the Website during the Sweepstakes Period. Winners’ information may be posted online.
- Sponsor: Quadra Productions, Inc., 10202 West Washington Boulevard, Culver City, CA 90232.
- Sweepstakes Administrator: Enteractive Solutions Group, Inc., 1612 W. Olive Avenue, Suite 300, Burbank, CA 91506.