Yummy gluten free treat! Check out our Chex Gluten Free Blueberry Lemon Muddy Buddies recipe for a sweet easy to make treat everyone – including your gluten free friends – will love. These soft, crunchy, and delightful desserts are the perfect delectable treat to make on a rainy day, or any day! My son Kyle has celiac disease so we are always looking for special and EASY gluten free desserts and snacks that we can easily whip up that both he and everyone else can enjoy!
Chex Gluten Free Blueberry Lemon Muddy Buddies
Here’s what you’ll need….
- 1 box of Chex’s blueberry flavored cereal
- 1 1/4 cups white vanilla baking chips
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine (you don’t need this if you want crispier Muddy Buddies, or are making these in advance for a party or something )
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- Pour all of the cereal into a big bowl.
- In a smaller microwaveable bowl, pour all of your white vanilla chips, butter, lemon peel, and lemon juice, then microwave them uncovered for about 1 minute 30 seconds. Make sure you take the bowl out and stir it every 30 seconds while you are heating/melting the mixture, until it is smooth.
- Next, pour your smooth, melted, yummy mixture into the big bowl with your cereal in it, and stir them all together until all of your Chex pieces are evenly coated!
- Now, pop your Blueberry Chex – covered in blueberries – into a 2-gallon resealable plastic bag and add in your powdered sugar.
- Shake the plastic bag until every thing is well coated in powdered sugar – yum!
If your Muddy Buddies are still hot by this step, you can spread them out on parchment or waxed paper to cool them for about 30 minutes. If they’re cool and ready to eat, you can spoon them out and enjoy before storing them in an airtight container!
We love these crunchy, sweet, and easy to make Muddy Buddies!
Thanks to Chex and General Mills for sending us most of the ingredients including their Blueberry Chex so we could create this gluten free recipe. As always, all thoughts and opinions are our own.